The following is a report from Rich Dolan, Dean of the Cambodia Bible Institute, Phnom Penh, Cambodia where Dennis teaches. CBI is a branch school of the Sunset International Bible Institute, Lubbock, TX
Here’s some of what we’ve been up to. You can also see pics and other info on the blog —http://randrdolan.blogspot.com/
January 30, 2013
- All the graduates and their various works.
- Transitions while students graduate out to start their works & new students who come in.
- Not been approved to receive a license for 15 passenger vans.
- Currently have 16 students. Had 4 graduate in December and added 3 new students in January.
Four graduate March 30th:
- Sokchea will finish at the end of February. He is hoping to work fulltime with the Ship of Life (run by Partners in Progress).
- Tola, Makara & SreyTouch will finish at the end of March. Tola hopes to work independently & help the local church. The girls are considering various possibilities.
This will be the 10th group to finish training at CBI. 27 people will have graduated CBI
- November 19-23 – Evangelism Week
- November 27-29 – Water Festival Holidays
- December 3-21 – Jeremiah & Lamentations – Greg Fleming
- December 3-21 – Spiritual Living & Ethics – Rich
- January 1-25 – Revelation – Rich
- January 1-25 – Basics Class for New Students – Veasna Tol
- January 1-25 – Minor Prophets – Dennis
- January 28-31 – Evangelism Week
- Added 3 new students in January. Ponlu is about 18 years old and is a Christian. Chenda is a sweet Christian girl about 19 years old. Pream is the son of a Christian family. He was baptized into Christ last Sunday (27 January) at the Phnom Penh congregation. See their pictures soon on our blog.
- January 28-31st. We divided into two groups and went to 8 different places, most of which have CBI graduates working with or to establish local congregations. (Had to stop on Thursday because Friday, Feb. 1st through Monday, Feb. 4th are national holidays to mourn the King’s death and have his cremation.)
- In late December, 5 of our past graduates, along with the 4 who graduated then, received the Bachelor’s degree that Sunset gives.
- Borey continues to work at planting a congregation in his village. They regularly have 15-20 adults and many teens come to worship.
- Chheoun has moved to his village to start a congregation. They had 50 adults, many teens and many kids come to hear the teaching during the Evangelism Week.
- GimSrauv is working to plant a congregation in his village. Right now, just his parents & younger brothers are Christians. We had 8 adults come to the teaching during the Evangelism Week.
- February 4-8 – Practical Work of the Preacher (all day) – Loren Hollingsworth
- February 11-March 1 – Galatians – Loren Hollingsworth
- February 11-March 1 – 2nd Corinthians – Bob Jackson
- March 4-29 – Church Growth and Planting – Rich Dolan
- March 4-29 – Old Testament History 1 – Dennis Welch
- April 1-5 – Sacrificial Systems (all day) – Dennis Welch
- April 8-10 – Evangelism Week
- April 11-17 – Khmer New Year Holiday
end of Rich Dolan’s report