Cambodia Bible Institute Update
Prepared by Rich Dolan, Dean CBI
photos and more info @ randrdolan.blogspot.com
- Student Body – February, we added 3 new students. Two of those dropped out quickly. Sophal, the older married man is still with us. He struggles with the classes, but has a good heart. We also added Vanna in February. He is the older cousin of two of our students. In mid-June, we added Sopheara.
- Graduation – Borei and Kolab both graduated on Saturday, June 16th. Borei will do some agriculture training. Then, he plans to go to his village to start a church. Kolab may work with the Nutrition program, helping them to evangelize more. She may also work part-time at CBI, helping us with the girl students.
- Check our blog: randrdolan.blogspot.com for pictures. This makes 19 graduates of CBI!
- February 27–March 20 – Psalms – Rich Dolan
- March 7-27 – James – Dennis Welch
- March 5-6 & 28-30 – Evangelism Week
- April 2-13 – New Testament Church (all day) – Rich Dolan
- April 16-20 – KHMER NEW YEAR HOLIDAY
- April 23-May 25 – John – Bobby Deason
- April 23-May 25 – Isaiah – Dale Lundy
- May 28-June 1 – Evangelism Week
- June 4-15 – 1st & 2nd Thessalonians – Dennis Welch
- June 4-8 – Leadership – Dale Lundy
- June 11-29 – Plan of Redemption – Rich Dolan
**All classes taught by Dennis and I are in Khmer.
News: Bachelor’s Degree – while in the US, I had a meeting and Sunset to continue discussions on us being able to offer the Bachelor’s Degree through Sunset. It looks like that will happen. Probably doesn’t make much difference to the churches here, but will help any of our students who want to also study at a university here and/or in a secular job search (especially our female students.).
- Sopheap (Oct 2011 grad) and Khim (Jan 2009 grad) continue to work as travelling evangelists. They will start going to some new villages where churches have been planted.
- Sokun (Oct 2011 grad) and Soklee (Dec 2010 grad) continue the work in Battambang. They are completing a structure for the church to meet in. Before, they met under a tree, which is okay until rainy season came.
- Sokna (Oct 2011 grad & wife of Sovann Dec 2010 grad) will be starting a small store in their village of Saang, with the goal to become self-supporting.
- Sothea (Jan 2009 grad) has gone off support from the local Phnom Penh congregations. That is not going well and is difficult for him. He has taken a local job to help support his family. That’s okay as the goal is get these men off any foreign support as soon as is possible.
- Welchs were in the States from late March to the first of May, meeting with churches and talking about the SNACK Program. This program continues to add in the outreach and evangelism in Cambodia. The Welchs are seeking funds to keep this going. Please contact Dennis if you have an interest.
- Dolans were gone from late April/early May; one week with Reuben in London, then on the USA. Our daughter, Rebekah, graduated May 12. It was great to be there with her and my parents on Mother’s Day.
Please visit our “You can…” webpage to discover how you can help the work of CBI in Cambodia.
Love & blessings,
Dennis & Sharon